Phase Two | Be a Part of the Transformation!
Maximizing the fan experience is key to making sure our seats are always full. A packed fan section helps cultivate school spirit and energizes our student-athletes as they compete.
In the Fall of 2023, our teams start practices and competitions on our new synthetic turf field. In the Spring of 2024, our track athletes will run on a newly resurfaced track and compete in field events conveniently relocated where fans can cheer on both track and field events. More teams than ever will use this surface to practice and compete because of its ability to withstand the wear and tear of multiple events in a week, no matter what Minnesota weather conditions deliver.
Now through the $2.2 million dollar capital campaign to BUILD THE HILL, we have the chance to improve the experience for our FIRE fans who passionately cheer on our teams from the hill.
Components of the Athletic Complex Campaign
• 1000-seat spectator capacity seating (largest enough to host post-season tournament games)
• Dedicate gate admissions (revenue for our booster club to support our activities)
• Indoor heated and lit restrooms
• Convenient and delicious concessions
• Accessible walkways for all fans to attend
• Viewing area for both track and field events simultaneously
• The scoreboard at field level
You can help!
This campaign began with the goal of raising $6.5 million. Thanks to the support of several generous donors, we are happy to announce that the the first phase is complete!
Now we're asking YOU be a part of this story and help Build the Hill, raising the final $2.2 Million to construct an activities complex that will benefit generations of students to come!
On October 14, 2022, President Mike Brennan and Principal John Dols announced the completion of the first phase
of the campaign and the beginning of the surface construction.
- On Monday, October 24, 2022, we broke ground on the first phase of the stadium project—installing a synthetic turf field and resurfacing the running track.
- In Spring 2023, the synthetic turf will be installed.
- In Summer 2023, the track will be resurfaced and field events will be centralized and relocated to the East of the track.