We are excited to welcome our incoming class of Holy Family Fire 9th-grade students!! Upperclassmen and faculty will lead you through an orientation day focused on getting to know each other, your schedule, and Holy Family procedures and protocols. This day is just the start! We are always here to help and answer questions. Find a friendly face and just ask!
Ninth-grade Orientation begins at 8:00am and ends at 2:45pm. Please arrive early enough to allow for time to pick up items, complete the screening, and head to class. UPDATE: Students do not need to be in full uniform. Since pictures are being taken, students may wear uniform bottoms, two-ply mask, and a clean, neat, and modest shirt of their choosing. Shoulders should not be bare. The mask will be removed for a few seconds for the photo but photographers will remain masked. Face masks requirements can be found on this page: http://www.hfchs.org/faq-return-to-campus/ under the question, “Are face masks required?”
Directions for arrival:
- Parents should drop their students off on the sidewalk on the north side of the building. This is called the bus lobby entrance. When busing begins, they will be using this entrance as well. Drop-offs by parents should still continue to drop off here. (Drive past the one-way main drive to the last driveway off of Kochia Lane. Watch for signs!)
- Students will be checked in and given a two-ply mask in their welcome bag but should arrive at school with a face mask on. They will have their temperatures taken (remember to do a home screening first and to remain home if symptomatic) and then head to their assigned starting location, Advisory. Teachers, staff members, and orientation leaders will ensure that all students find their way around the building.
- Students are welcome to pack a lunch or utilize the school lunch program.
- At the end of the day, 2:45 p.m., students may exit through the bus lobby, A-wing (Door 29), or front circle/main entrance.
- 9th-grade students may participate in games or practices during Orientation Week, but will not attend classes on Tuesday and Wednesday, and should not be in the building before the start of their practice/game on those two days. They will return to classes on Thursday, September 3 for a typical school day (8:00a.m.-2:45p.m.)