Christmas Care Packages for the Troops
Date: 11/20/2021 (Sat.)
Time: 10:30am – 12:15pm CDT
How to Register: Please use this signup form to let us know to expect you: https://www.
One of our favorite traditions is filling 50+ boxes of goodies for deployed troops for Christmas! This year we have been assigned to the 191st Regional Support Group, stationed in Poland. The event is a great way for your Fire26 student and for you to meet other kids and families who will make up the Class of 2026! Join us!
SAVE YOUR HALLOWEEN CANDY! It makes PERFECT packing material for the boxes!
We will need items to fill over 50 boxes, so do some shopping on your way.
Great Item Types
- Gourmet ground coffee (not the big cans, the smaller foil bags)
- Powdered drink or energy drink mixes
- Candy (anything that won’t melt) and gum (avoid peppermint/spearmint/strong smelling gum). Still got leftover Halloween candy?? Bring it!
- Beef Jerky (no pork)
- Protein bars/Cliff Bars
- Trail mix and nuts of all kinds
- Peanut Butter
- Playing Cards/Suduko or crossword books/
- Small packs of individually wrapped food items of all kinds!
- Magazines and books
Items not to send
- Anything with strong scents
- Glass containers
- Anything that crushes, breaks or melts easily
- Political or religious items
- Aerosol cans
- Thing with a lot of “air” (bags of chips, etc)
- *Because these are not going to be immediately sent and may take a bit to get there, let’s avoid sending freshly baked items. Stick to commercially-packed food items.
This year’s care packages will be sent to the Citizen-Soldiers of the 191st Regional Support Group of the Puerto Rico National Guard (PRNG) who are on their way to Poland, where they will be carrying out different missions in the areas of communications and public health. As part of the mission, Operation Atlantic Resolve, the members of the 191st RSG will be carrying out work at various military bases in the area, helping to develop and improve communications, as well as in the implementation of policies and programs that seek to establish greater security of operations. In addition, they will help implement new health policies at various facilities, as relates to the COVID-19 emergency.