STRIKE A MATCH. LIGHT A FIRE.
Day of Giving 2019
Holy Family’s Day of Giving is a 24-hour campaign to promote philanthropy within the Holy Family community – alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, and students. The goal is simple – to inspire the FIRE to come together, show pride in our school, and provide essential funding to support opportunities for our students.
Day of Giving. That’s 24 hours of togetherness for our Fire Family.
Throughout the day, financial gifts of any size made as part of the Day of Giving campaign will be matched based on community participation. Day of Giving 2018, our first Day of Giving, was an incredible success. We surpassed not only our participation and financial goals, but also shared an incredible day as a community. Day of Giving 2019 promises to be even BIGGER and BETTER.
You can STRIKE A MATCH in one of the following ways.
Student Participation Match:
A Senior Leadership Institute group is challenging students and staff to participate in Day of Giving in BIGGER and BETTER ways this year! Their goals are to encourage students to understand the purpose of Day of Giving, feel included in the community of philanthropy at Holy Family, and inspire them to continue to give back as they become alumni. The future starts now!
- Students who purchase a wristband for $1 receive the following benefits during the week of Day of Giving 2019:
1. Coffee or Hot Cocoa on Wednesday, April 24, 2019
2. Jeans and spirit wear on Friday, April 26, 2019
3. If they attend coffeehouse wearing their bracelets, their names are entered into a drawing. (Juniors/Seniors=parking spot; Sophomores and Freshman=lunch)
All students are invited to pray in the chapel during the 24-hour prayer vigil.
Alumni Participation Match:
Team up with your fellow alumni in making a gift to help open the following alumni participation challenges:
- Reaching 25 alumni donations opens a $500 gift match from a Challenge Match Family: Katie ’10, Michael ’11, David ’13 and Sarah ’17 Kemmerer REACHED!
- Reaching 50 alumni donations opens two matching gifts at $500 from a these Challenge Match Families: Daniel ’15 and Jared ’15 Miller AND Ryan ’10, Steven ’11, Daniel ’15, and Rachel ’18 Guillemette REACHED!
- Reaching 75 alumni donations opens a third $1,000 gift match from a Challenge Match Family: Mark ’04 and Laura ’05 Engstrom REACHED!
Click on the following PDF to see a full list of alumni donors:
Parent and Community Match:
The following donors are challenging current and alumni parents, grandparents and friends of Holy Family at the following participation levels:
- Reaching 50 parent and community donations opens a $2,500 gift from current and alumni parents Mike and Jenny Richelsen REACHED!
- Reaching 100 parent and community donations opens a $5,000 gift from current and alumni parents Tyler and Elizabeth Treat REACHED!
- Reaching 150 parent and community donations opens a $10,000 gift from community supporter Bentson Foundation REACHED!
- Reaching 200 parent and community donations opens a $20,000 gift from alumni parents Bill and Lana Miller REACHED!
Current grandparents Ron and Debbie Ames challenged alumni, parents, grandparents, and friends of Holy Family to join them on Day of Giving in support of tuition assistance for future Holy Family students. Ron and Debbie matched gifts of $1,000+ for two $15,000 match gifts!
Click on the PDF below to see a full list of parent and community donors:
2019 Day of Giving Schedule: April 26, 2019
24 Hours of Prayer Match
The day kicked off with 24 hours of prayer by faculty, staff, and students in our Sacred Heart Chapel.We invited you to match their prayers, either by joining us in the chapel or by praying from your home, school, or workplace.
12:00 a.m. to Midnight – 24 Hours of Prayer – Join students and staff members as we spend 24-hours praying in our Sacred Heart Chapel.
7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Fellowship – Join us for a cup of coffee on the front lawn or as you pull into the carpool circle.
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Community Social Hour – Drop off your gift at Enki Brewing in Victoria and stay for continued fellowship and refreshments.
Watch last year’s video below to learn more about Holy Family’s Day of Giving.