Coached by 2014 Section 6AAA Coach of the Year Matt Thuli, Fire Boys Basketball is one of the top Catholic boys high school programs Minnesota has to offer. The program claimed the 2007 Class AA State Championship and continues to make state tournament appearances as recently as 2014, when they earned Class AAA third place.
Several Fire Boys Basketball alumni have continued to play college basketball in D1, D2 and D3 programs. Recent program alumni are playing at Division 1 schools, University of Northern Iowa and DePaul University, and in-state programs such as St. John’s University, the University of St. Thomas, and St. Olaf College.
2020 SUMMER BASKETBALL AND WEIGHT TRAINING
Below is the outline for summer basketball and Fire Power information.
- Morning workouts:
- Morning workouts will be Monday through Thursday mornings 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Workouts will start on Monday, June 8 through Friday, July 24. There will be no contact the week of July 4 – July 10.
- We will limit the number of players in the gym to 20.
- Potential time shifts may occur if the numbers exceed the limit of 20.
- The players will train in pods of 10. Those pods of 10 will remain consistent through the summer.
- It is essential that parents/players register for summer training immediately to provide the opportunity to plan and stagger trainings if we exceed the limit of 20.
- Sign up in this google document https://forms.gle/htAgoiVZYi5VrYbR8
- Fire Power (strength, speed, and explosiveness training)
- Session 1 of Fire Power will be from 9:00 to 10:45 Monday – Thursday.
- Register today at: http://www.hfchs.org/firecamps/
- Social distancing and pod creation will be practiced. Please sign up immediately if you are participating.
- All June tournaments are cancelled.
- Sign up for tournaments https://forms.gle/htAgoiVZYi5VrYbR8
- The schedule for July and August is as follows.
- Wednesday, July 1 Mayer Lutheran – 1 Varsity team and 1 JV team
- Wednesday, July 15 Waconia – 1 Varsity team and 1 JV team
- Sunday, July 26 Shakopee – 1 Varsity team and 1 JV team
- Saturday, August 1 Bloomington – 1 Varsity team and 1 JV team
Updates about training and camps in July will be provided later, based on the available information at that time. We are hopeful that we will be able to offer training throughout July with progressively fewer restrictions.
Looking forward to a full gym this summer. Contact Matt Thuli at email@example.com with any questions.
Coach Thuli has been coaching at Holy Family since the school’s first Varsity season in 2001. He was the Head Boys’ Basketball coach until the conclusion of the 2010 season, bringing Holy Family their first state championship in basketball during the 2007 season. After taking a season off, he joined the staff as a varsity assistant during the 2011-2012 season and resumed as head coach in 2013. In his return Matt coached the team to 3rd place in Class AAA and a Wright County Conference Championship in 2014. In 2016, the team earned Coach Thuli his 200th win.